Photonics plays an important role in many biomedical applications, from diagnosis and sensing of disease and infection to minimally invasive imaging of tissue during clinical procedures.
This one-day hands-on training course provides:
- industry, especially those developing new 2D and 3D microscopic instrumentation and
- biomedical sectors such as diagnosis/histopathological medical laboratories/hospitals, cell and tissues factories, farmaceutical industry with a detailed overview, comparison and metrology of label-free, quantitative phase imaging (QPI) devices and their applications in laboratory and clinical environments.
The course will focus on three technology demonstrators and their applications:
- Digital Holographic Microscope for phase/dry mass measurement and monitoring in biological cells and cell cultures;
- Fourier Ptychographic Microscopy for amplitude and phase imaging of histopathological samples;
- Optical Diffraction Tomograph for 3D QPI of refractive index distribution in cells/cell cultures/tissues.
Course attendees will learn how these devices are built, calibrated and how the data are processed and analyzed.